PDA

View Full Version : Updated State Division 4 Team Rankings

Rich Gonzalez
11-07-2012, 10:12 AM
News this morning in from Rob Collins at San Lorenzo Valley is that key scorer Abby Sherman is lost for the season due to injury. This has forced an update of the Girls State Rankings:

http://www.prepcaltrack.com/2012/11/06/cif-state-rankings-new-set-coming-today/

CoachB03
11-12-2012, 08:55 AM
Based on the SJS results, you might want to take a look at Dixon for D4 boys. You can take off a good 25 seconds per man when adjusting from Willow Hills to Woodward Park.

CoachB03
11-25-2012, 09:21 AM
Ugh, I stand corrected. A quick glance at results shows a significant narrowing in the gap between times put up at Willow Hills and times put up at State. 5 years ago, you could count on state meet times being 40 seconds faster for boys and 50+ seconds faster for girls. For the first year that Willow Hills was run over its current layout, I did an analyis of all the runners who ran at SJS and the State Meet and found that boys improved their times, on average, by 52 seconds from section to state and girls improved 61. I know that the course has undergone a few minor tweaks since that year and the footing has been improved significantly, but I don't think those changes are enough to account for almost a minute of improvement in times. Willow Hills is getting significantly faster (or SJS teams are significantly underperforming at state, based on historical previous time differences.)