PDA

View Full Version : CIF SS Prelims Results?

ScottJoerger
11-10-2012, 06:10 AM
Does anyone know where results where be posted? I know PrepCalTrack will have them tonight, but is there a timing company posting them on a more real time basis?

Greg Beal
11-10-2012, 07:35 AM
I think George Varvas and company handle the results, but thus far this morning I've had no luck finding any evidence of that or a site with real-time results. I just posted the question on the CIF Facebook page, which has a status update from Prelims but doesn't seem to be doing any regular posting. Perhaps Rich G's twitter account will provide some info.

ScottJoerger
11-10-2012, 07:40 AM
Thanks for reminding me. However, I went to his site - TeamTrax.net - and found nothing listed for this meet. Nothing from Rich G. on Twitter either.

Mark Gardner
11-10-2012, 07:46 AM
Boys Division II ... (wish I could provide more..)
Westlake and Canyon were 1st and 2nd in their heat
Peninsula beat Beaumont (79:58) by 6 points to all move on..

Doug Soles
11-10-2012, 07:50 AM
Boys Division II ... (wish I could provide more..)
Westlake and Canyon were 1st and 2nd in their heat
Peninsula beat Beaumont (79:58) by 6 points to all move on..

Mark, I'm assuming it is the regular course?

Thanks!

Doug

Mark Gardner
11-10-2012, 07:56 AM
yes...getting good reports on condition of the course! :)

Greg Beal
11-10-2012, 08:10 AM
Thanks for reminding me. However, I went to his site - TeamTrax.net - and found nothing listed for this meet. Nothing from Rich G. on Twitter either.

Odd thing about looking at the Team Trax site is it looks as if they only timed two races and yet I'm pretty sure they timed the OC Champs. No response on the CIF SS Facebook page and Rich is probably too busy shooting photos to do any tweeting. I have a dim memory of finding real-time results last year but no luck thus far today. Perhaps Mark will keep up a dialogue. Good thing he doesn't have to coach his teams!!!

Did find the NY State championship real-time results. Too bad the SS prelim results continue to remain undercover.

ScottJoerger
11-10-2012, 08:29 AM
Girls Division 2 - Heat 1
1 Saugus
2 Golden Valley
3 Foothill
4 Thousand Oaks
5 Glendora

I Understand Thousand Oaks just edged out Glendora to advance to finals!

edit: Just got more color from the coaches - The TO-Glendora tie was broken by the 6th runners who were battling in the final stretch. Kori Groenveld for TO came through in the stretch. Great effort by both runners!

Greg Beal
11-10-2012, 08:35 AM
Thanks for the results.

On the CIF Facebook page the response was that morning races will be available at noon here on PrepCalTrack and afternoon races after the last race has been completed. Of course, this is dependent on Rich's schedule.

Not sure why they won't point us to the timing company. Because the real-time results aren't official?

Mark Gardner
11-10-2012, 08:54 AM
This is repulsive... why can't they find someone with no life that just sits in front of the results and posts them??? lol;)

ScottJoerger
11-10-2012, 08:59 AM
Because those of us with no life are all home waiting for the results!

Mark Gardner
11-10-2012, 09:23 AM
18:25 takes 10th, individually, in one of the girls Div. II heats...

Bob Ramsey
11-11-2012, 02:41 PM
Holy cats, there was a lot of fast running yesterday. It just gets better and better. We we just one second away from having all 16 Div. II boys teams run sub 80:00!

I looked back several years and we never came close to that many sub 80:00 teams, nor could I find a sub 80:00 team that has failed to make the finals. Has that ever happened?

Nice work from Rich on the stat packs and for getting the results up yesterday.

That said - what is keeping us from having live results at CIF track and XC meets? I know it would cost more, but it's hard to believe that the cost is really prohibitive.

Rich Gonzalez
11-11-2012, 05:41 PM
Holy cats, there was a lot of fast running yesterday. It just gets better and better. We we just one second away from having all 16 Div. II boys teams run sub 80:00!

I looked back several years and we never came close to that many sub 80:00 teams, nor could I find a sub 80:00 team that has failed to make the finals. Has that ever happened?

Nice work from Rich on the stat packs and for getting the results up yesterday.

That said - what is keeping us from having live results at CIF track and XC meets? I know it would cost more, but it's hard to believe that the cost is really prohibitive.
I'd figure you noticed, Bob, but others might not have noticed that Division II boys actually was deeper than Division I Boys this year by a decent margin.

Several years ago we had a screamer in Division I where all teams broke 80 minutes. Will look it up but the cutoff was safely under 80 IIRC.

Regarding the results, all I can tell you is that it was at about 11 or so in the morning that someone from CIF asked if I had results posted. Didn't realize they were looking to me to do that live.

That said, the plan now is to have someone assigned to upload each race at CIF-SS Finals immediately after the scores are official for each. There will be a results page built before the start of the meet and linked directly on the mainpage.

Chad Scott
11-11-2012, 07:20 PM
That said, the plan now is to have someone assigned to upload each race at CIF-SS Finals immediately after the scores are official for each. There will be a results page built before the start of the meet and linked directly on the mainpage.

That's really cool Rich. The results board can become very popular, so being able to view it on our own devices is great. Thanks!

And also thanks to George Varvas for getting us the unofficial results out so fast at the finish line. And thanks to Tim O'Rourke, Ken Reeves, and anyone else for the in-race announcing and QuickScores at the crossover.