PDA

View Full Version : Run For The Dream qualifiers

Peter Brewer
12-07-2012, 08:17 AM
Rich (or anyone else):

I noticed that some of the All-Comers meets on February 2 and 9 have been selected as qualifier meets for the Run For The Dream indoor meet. However, there appears to be only one meet for the NorCal bunch, in Berkeley on Feb 2. There are 2 in Fresno, and 3 in the greater SoCal area. Wasn't there an additional qualifer up north in previous years? UC Davis? Los Gatos?

Also, the website for the meet makes no mention of these qualifiers, but the information posted here must have come from someplace. Was there an omission on an additional northern site? Or should I lobby someone (who?) for at least one more location?

Also, where do I find information on the events, the number of qualifiers in each event, entry standards (if any), fees, schedule, et cetera, et al?

Peter Brewer
Northgate

Rich Gonzalez
12-07-2012, 10:22 AM
Peter,

Wish I had the answers but the info has been slow in forthcoming. To be a true statewide affair, there would need to be more qualifiers up north than currently listed.

Will try to secure specifics today from the meet director.

Rich

Rich Gonzalez
12-07-2012, 11:21 AM
Was able to secure a bit more details.

There are going to be EIGHT qualifier meets this year, with the dates and locations as follows:

02 – Oaks Christian All-Comers @ Oaks Christian HS (SS) - State indoor qualifier
02 – Roosevelt HS All-Comers @ Roosevelt HS, Corona (SS) - State indoor qualifier
02 – UC Berkeley All-Comers @ U.C. Berkeley (NC) - State indoor qualifier
02 – UC Davis All-Comers @ U.C. Davis (SJ) - State indoor qualifier (tentative date)
02 – Winter Classic All-Comers @ Mt. Carmel HS (SD) - State indoor qualifier
09 – Fresno All-Comers @ Kingsburg HS (CE) - State indoor qualifier
09 – Great Oak HS All-Comers @ Great Oak HS, Temecula (SS) - State indoor qualifier
09 – Paramount HS All-Comers @ Paramount HS (SS) - State indoor qualifier

Additional details (final schedule, final entry fees, etc. for the indoor state meet) will be coming soon, as per Rich Benoy.

If you check the master calendar and click on the Roosevelt HS indoor state qualifier flyer for February 2nd, that flyer seems to have the most info to date on the format.

Will pass along more as it becomes available.

Rich

fchipr
12-16-2012, 11:45 AM
Was able to secure a bit more details.

There are going to be EIGHT qualifier meets this year, with the dates and locations as follows:

02 Oaks Christian All-Comers @ Oaks Christian HS (SS) - State indoor qualifier
02 Roosevelt HS All-Comers @ Roosevelt HS, Corona (SS) - State indoor qualifier
02 UC Berkeley All-Comers @ U.C. Berkeley (NC) - State indoor qualifier
02 UC Davis All-Comers @ U.C. Davis (SJ) - State indoor qualifier (tentative date)
02 Winter Classic All-Comers @ Mt. Carmel HS (SD) - State indoor qualifier
09 Fresno All-Comers @ Kingsburg HS (CE) - State indoor qualifier
09 Great Oak HS All-Comers @ Great Oak HS, Temecula (SS) - State indoor qualifier
09 Paramount HS All-Comers @ Paramount HS (SS) - State indoor qualifier

Additional details (final schedule, final entry fees, etc. for the indoor state meet) will be coming soon, as per Rich Benoy.

If you check the master calendar and click on the Roosevelt HS indoor state qualifier flyer for February 2nd, that flyer seems to have the most info to date on the format.

Will pass along more as it becomes available.

Rich

If it rolls out like last year, I recall top 2 competitors at each qualifying meet are automatic qualifiers (which looks like 16 entrants as of now), plus all those that hit the "at Large" mark, in the case of BPV- 13'-6". I think up to 30 total entrants. Last year there was less than 30 actual competitors in each BPV and GPV.

Rich/Nate/Jim: Great website, first time visit. I really like the meet master schedule, very helpful.

Chip Reiter
Chino Hills and Chino Valley Vault Club