PDA

View Full Version : Watg - 2013

Mark Gardner
02-14-2013, 08:37 AM
I've tried to resist doing this for the past month, but I simply cannot hold back any longer.

Let's get a Where Are They Going? thread out there. But, here's the twist. I don't care where incoming freshmen are going... with the changing of the rules, it's now ALL about "Where are current high school athletes now going?" Like covering free agents for the upcoming 2013 MLB and NFL seasons, it seems to have trickled down to the high school prep scene.

A week hasn't gone by in the past two months where somebody hasn't shared with me where a CIF Finalist-type athlete has transferred to another high school. I'm getting dizzy trying to keep up with it all.

So, feel free to post about what you know in regard to particular athletes transferring (moving) to another school so we can help Rich Gonzalez with his preseason team rankings, projections, etc.

Gotta go find my parent that knows people in the club scene so we can join 'em.......

Albert Caruana
02-15-2013, 06:28 AM
You can always just start dropping names yourself...:D

Keith Chann
02-15-2013, 07:51 AM
Allegedly:

Taisya Crutchfield (25.75) Ayala to Roosevelt
Jaela Williams (15.49H, 46.03IH) Ayala to Rosevelt
Jasmyne Graham (12.29, 13.89H, 44.34IH, 19'0" LJ) Vista Murrieta to Roosevelt
Audriana Holloway (12.19, 25.38) Vista Murrieta to Murrieta Mesa

Allegedly

Rich Gonzalez
02-15-2013, 08:00 AM
Allegedly:

Taisya Crutchfield (25.75) Ayala to Roosevelt
Jaela Williams (15.49H, 46.03IH) Ayala to Rosevelt
Jasmyne Graham (12.29, 13.89H, 44.34IH, 19'0" LJ) Vista Murrieta to Roosevelt
Audriana Holloway (12.19, 25.38) Vista Murrieta to Murrieta Mesa

Allegedly

None of those are allegedly.

Taisyn is Crutchfield's first name.

It was a huge year for hurdles transfers, just by coincidence.

Among the hurdling mavens that have relocated are:

* Defending state high hurdles champ Sasha Wallace from Holy Names to Castro Valley (NCS)
* State finalist Ebony Crear from Maranatha to Long Beach Poly (SS).
* Former age-group national champ Jasmyne Graham from Vista Murrieta to Roosevelt (SS).

More to come.

Mark Gardner
02-15-2013, 08:01 AM
Terry twins from Irvine to Vista Murrieta (sub-58 400m talents)
Bell twins from Great Oak to a school near Rancho Bernardo (51.1 and 1:59.6 as 9th graders last year)
Branden Randall from Santiago to Roosevelt (sub-15:40 soph in 1st year of XC in 2012) 2:01 as 9th grader

Mark Gardner
02-15-2013, 08:03 AM
Jay Stepp from Corona to Yucca Valley (4:19 as a 10th grader) :p

JStepp
02-16-2013, 12:54 PM
Jay Stepp from Corona to Yucca Valley (4:19 as a 10th grader) :p

Didn't wanna do it, but the coach wanted me to quadruple every single meet. He only cared about winning and not me as a person. The YV coach is sooooo much nicer. He was Citizen of the Year in 2005. :eek:

Mark Gardner
02-21-2013, 12:36 PM
McKennah Genovese from Santiago to Palos Verdes.

rnrdad
02-22-2013, 11:19 AM
12? Out of how many track and field athletes and how many schools? What is the percentage?
Is this the population that has legally exercised an athletic transfer with the 30 day sit out rule?
Are these the illegally recruited ones, recruited by the cheaters and influenced by the clubs? Even Palos Verde?
This can't be all of them. No way.
Is this the mass chaos that is destroying sports in high school ,at least in Track and Field?
Is this what is causing dizziness?
Get on it, CIF. Now.

Doug Soles
02-22-2013, 11:34 AM
12? Out of how many track and field athletes and how many schools? What is the percentage?
Is this the population that has legally exercised an athletic transfer with the 30 day sit out rule?
Are these the illegally recruited ones, recruited by the cheaters and influenced by the clubs? Even Palos Verde?
This can't be all of them. No way.
Is this the mass chaos that is destroying sports in high school ,at least in Track and Field?
Is this what is causing dizziness?
Get on it, CIF. Now.

I personally appreciate this level of snarkiness! Wow, great job! :)

Doug

rnrdad
02-22-2013, 12:07 PM
I personally appreciate this level of snarkiness! Wow, great job! :)

Doug

Not as good as your original letter in the open and snarky letter to CIF thread, but I bow to my betters..

rnrdad
02-22-2013, 12:32 PM
BTW Doug,

And as for your last post, apparently I'm not the only one to show his "stripes." Understand the frustration, but don't take personal shots at others. You're so far above that.

If that was meant to refer to his response to me I know he was not attacking me. I sincerely believe he was paying me a compliment. And I was just as sincere in complimenting his skill at snarkiness in the letter he wrote to get this whole discussion started in his open and snarky letter in the other thread.

I mean, they actually are connected right? The two threads?

Doug Soles
02-22-2013, 12:38 PM
BTW Doug,

This thread was a tremendous mistake. Going after individual kids is never a good idea. This has got "bad omen" written all over it. But apparently the powers that be only want to take down threads that attack coaches, not kids.

And as for your last post, apparently I'm not the only one to show his "stripes." Understand the frustration, but don't take personal shots at others. You're so far above that.

I did not start this thread. I have not responded to anyone's transfers on this thread. I did comment that rnrdad had taken it up a notch on his snarkiness and I was giving him a hand for it. You see snarkiness is a real fine line. Some have the gift for it, others just piss people off. It is up to each of us to use this gift correctly... ;)

rnrdad
02-22-2013, 12:57 PM
I did not start this thread. I have not responded to anyone's transfers on this thread. I did comment that rnrdad had taken it up a notch on his snarkiness and I was giving him a hand for it. You see snarkiness is a real fine line. Some have the gift for it, others just piss people off. It is up to each of us to use this gift correctly... ;)

See. I knew it was a compliment as was mine.

Maybe I am way off base, but I kind of see the two threads like two tight ends running a crossing pattern. Two individuals, each with a potential to catch the pass and score a touchdown, both on the same team.

In my humble opinion this thread either did not get the pass thrown to it, or it did and fumbled the ball beacuse the numbers of kids and schools reported, and the good reputations of some of the receiving schools, hurt rather than help the arguments about transfers and club teams.

I am sure there are transfers not reported, but I bet most are very legitimate under the new legal transfer rules or otherwise and it just does not demonstrate the mass migrations and chaos cited by some as reasons to not allow athletic transfers at all, or the evil influence of all clubs.

I have tried to avoid snarkiness, but this one just demanded it in my opinion.

By the way, Coach Soles, congratulations on your runners signing with some excellent Universities!! I mean it. No snarkiness. That is what it is all about, in my humble opinion. As a parent, that means so much more than a State Title, although those are cool, too!