PDA

View Full Version : CIF-SS Realtime Entries

Jim Roldan
05-03-2013, 12:19 PM
Want to see the CIF-SS entries come in realtime?

Go to http://cifss.episports.com/results

You can sort by event, division, and league. Have fun!

MarBear
05-04-2013, 02:44 PM
Thank you episports. This is a really awesome tool and I love how you can sort by event, division, and so on.

Just a general question - doesn't the 4 event limit per athlete apply? If we see a kid showing up as entered in more than 4 events in divisional prelims, wouldn't that mean they would have had to qualify to be entered in the prelims? Which in turn means they would have had to participate in more than 4 events in their league finals. That's a no-no, isn't it? I'm probably missing something and hope someone with more experience than me checks it out.

JStepp
05-04-2013, 02:59 PM
Thank you episports. This is a really awesome tool and I love how you can sort by event, division, and so on.

Just a general question - doesn't the 4 event limit per athlete apply? If we see a kid showing up as entered in more than 4 events in divisional prelims, wouldn't that mean they would have had to qualify to be entered in the prelims? Which in turn means they would have had to participate in more than 4 events in their league finals. That's a no-no, isn't it? I'm probably missing something and hope someone with more experience than me checks it out.

NFHS Rules state that they can be entered in no more than 4 events "excluding relays." So being entered in more than 4 is ok as long as it's not individual events. However, they can only compete in 4.

MarBear
05-04-2013, 03:13 PM
Thanks. I was taking my information from the CIF-SS bulletin in which it quotes those same rules as "Coaches are reminded of Rule 4-2-1 & 2 limiting participation for each athlete to four (4) events (including relays)."

Not sure if there's still a contradiction?

JStepp
05-04-2013, 03:30 PM
That's participating in, not entered in.

MarBear
05-04-2013, 05:35 PM
But that's my point. In order to be entered into the prelims, you had to have participated in the qualifying league finals. And if you are entered into more than 4 events in the prelims, that means you participated in more than 4 events at the league finals.

lbxcart
05-04-2013, 07:11 PM
But that's my point. In order to be entered into the prelims, you had to have participated in the qualifying league finals. And if you are entered into more than 4 events in the prelims, that means you participated in more than 4 events at the league finals.

It is possible that someone could be entered as a relay alternate and not compete on the relay. Hypothetical an athlete could qualify in 100m, 200m, long jump and 4x100. That athletes team qualifies in the 4x400 and lists the athlete as part of the relay 'pool', however that athlete could not take part in the 4x400 until they are eliminated in one of their other events (in that given meet)

Also... Just to consider... An athlete can help their team qualify in the 4x100 & their team qualifies in the 4x400 without them... In the next round that same athlete may be pulled out of one relay and place in the other as long as they don't exceed their event limit

lbxcart
05-04-2013, 07:18 PM
Also... Footnote: the cif-ss prelims and finals are considered the same meet, meaning if a athlete gets knocked @ prelims out of the 100m and still qualifies to finals in 3 other events they cannot be used in a relay until the 'next round' being cif-ss masters meet... If that makes any sense...

Jim Roldan
05-05-2013, 07:37 AM
Thanks for the heads up. We created a report and passed it along to CIF.

MarBear
05-05-2013, 09:12 AM
Thank you everybody, for giving more information that helps with understanding. That point Coach Mota made is a good one to remember.

Also a big thanks to EPI Sports. Your reports are great for the athletes and their fans, and in this case, may also help keep everyone playing by the same rules.

Brian Shapiro
05-07-2013, 05:35 AM
Does anyone have an update on that 1600m run off described on the homepage? I'm curious as to how that played out.

Rich Gonzalez
05-07-2013, 12:21 PM
Does anyone have an update on that 1600m run off described on the homepage? I'm curious as to how that played out.
Although I don't have the official times, I was told that Yucaipa's Jacob Caldwell won the runoff.

Here's a finish image.

MarBear
05-08-2013, 01:56 PM
It looks like the question about maximum events participated in has just been addressed by the CIF.

Interestingly enough, to my naive eye I think there may be at least one more school and athlete at the D4 level that may have done the same thing that Serra allegedly did, but CIF didn't catch that school. At least not yet. Maybe people are still scrutinizing.

Rich Gonzalez
05-08-2013, 02:02 PM
It looks like the question about maximum events participated in has just been addressed by the CIF.

Interestingly enough, to my naive eye I think there may be at least one more school and athlete at the D4 level that may have done the same thing that Serra allegedly did, but CIF didn't catch that school. At least not yet. Maybe people are still scrutinizing.

It is pretty sad when CIF has to "address" it because a league and its coaches clearly failed to. Very sad state.

Also, if you know of another instance, you can contact CIF-SS at (562) 493-9500. Dropping anonymous tips on a message board probably doesn't do any good. In the case of these instances that I wrote about, it appears that CIF was contacted directly.