PDA

View Full Version : Something to think about

JStepp
05-28-2013, 10:20 AM
So, should coaches be obligated to making kids feel happy and run them on varsity even if they think it's best to run them at a lower level?

Read and Enjoy!

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/highschool-prep-rally/n-j-dad-files-40-million-discrimination-lawsuit-152702734.html

jebeat
05-28-2013, 04:17 PM
Wow! Instead of suing for $40 million they should just go hire a private coach! :p :p

rnrdad
05-29-2013, 02:27 PM
After reading the article, it is my considered opinion that this father's actions are absurd.
The article says that the father filed the suit without an attorney, also known as in pro prer, or pro se.

I go on record as predicting it will be dismissed very soon as no cause of action stated, lack of standing, or on summary judgment.

All it takes to file a lawsuit is a typewriter or wordprocessing\ printing apparatus and a filing fee.

Track Dude
05-30-2013, 08:07 AM
Wow! Instead of suing for $40 million they should just go hire a private coach! :p :p

Apparently, the issue is whether or not extracurricular activities at a public school are a privilege, or a right.
Mr. Earl claims that the NJ State Supreme Court has already ruled that they are a "right".
I don't know if this is true or not, but it's not unusual in these cases to see a court
question whether or not taking away "eligibility" is treated in the same way as
taking away someone's bank account.... especially when potential college
scholarships are at stake.

This will be most interesting to follow.... because most School Boards
are only concerned with protecting the interests of ALL students
who participate in sports - - - "equitable participation".