PDA

View Full Version : Which actor would portray you, as a coach, in a feature film?

Brian Shapiro
07-08-2013, 05:50 PM
http://www.runnersworld.com/general-interest/kevin-costner-to-play-cross-country-coach-in-disney-movie?cm_mmc=Twitter-_-RunnersWorld-_-Content-News-_-KevinCostnerPlaysRunningCoach

Tough to beat Costner, but I'd say it would take Johnny Depp to fully capture the eccentricities of a certain Christian Cushing-Murray.

Kudos to McFarland, a story worth telling.

JStepp
07-08-2013, 08:59 PM
Congrats to Jim and McFarland!!!!

cush
07-11-2013, 07:51 AM
first thought: very cool to see this kind of story getting hollywood coverage.

second thought: but i'm not native american...

final thought: i'm thinking chris hemsworth...

Jeremy Mattern
07-11-2013, 01:58 PM
Cush, Brian was right in that Depp would portray you well. Evidence 1: Depp is adept at wearing eye make-up (see Jack Sparrow). I hunted down your high school yearbook photo and can confirm that you were quite the cosmetic rebel in your day. Evidence 2: Depp gives life to the awkward loner (see Edward Scissorhands). Again, I actually stole your yearbook and you obtained no signatures. Not the outgoing type, huh? Evidence 3: Depp's youthful looks allow him to blend in with high schoolers (see Tom Hanson/21 Jump Street). Drop the "age group" domination tour and mix it up with the youngins. I expect to see you on the line at Woodward come Thanksgiving weekend. This is all in good fun, Cush. For the record, I know you are much cooler, smarter, faster (so very much faster) than I could ever hope to be.

Sadly, no one near as cool as Depp would portray me. In junior high they called me "Doogie," (Neil Patrick Harris) and students at Brea Olinda think that I am Mr. Schue (Matthew Morrison/Glee). I actually convinced a senior that I am Mr. Schue's older brother and that people often confuse us until I attempt to sing and dance. So, if I have to choose who would portray me, I am actually going to go with Beavis of MTV fame.

Alright, let's keep the self-deprecation and/or flattery going...