PDA

View Full Version : State 800m Leader Hamilton (Bishop O'Dowd) Withdraws from Arizona

Track Dude
08-14-2013, 08:43 AM
Hamilton leans toward Cal after mistake by Arizona

By Phil Jensen
Tuesday, August 13th, 2013 at 6:51 pm in Uncategorized.

Former Bishop O’Dowd High track and cross country star Eugene Hamilton III said that the University of Arizona mishandled his national letter of intent and he will not be attending the university.

Hamilton said that his national letter of intent was not filed within the 21-day period after the signing day on Feb. 6. The University of Arizona had no comment on the situation.

“They were going to honor my scholarship, but I lost confidence (in Arizona),” Hamilton said. “There was no drama between me and the coaches. I love the staff.”

Hamilton said that he wants to go to Cal, but has not signed with the university yet. He had the fastest time in the state in the 800 meters (1 minutes, 50.19 seconds) in the 2013 high school season according to PrepCalTrack.com. He also won the boys 1,600 meter title at the North Coast Section Meet of Champions with a time of 4:13.49.

http://www.ibabuzz.com/prepcorner/2013/08/13/hamilton-leans-toward-cal-after-arizona-mistake/

Track Dude
08-19-2013, 05:35 AM
Sounds like someone just didn't want to go to Arizona.
How do you "lose confidence" in the program just because of an alleged clerical error?
Weird.