PDA

View Full Version : Let's get this Message Board Going. Please Answer the Following:

Matt Rainwater
10-29-2013, 08:23 AM
If you were forced to move schools, based solely on geography, what school or region in California would you move to? I would go to San Lorenzo Valley, currently I coach at Brea. We had our XC camp at Big Basin this summer and it's very beautiful in the Santa Cruz Mountains.

Habadoo
10-29-2013, 08:40 AM
I like it here in Laguna Beach. Good weather, good trails, good beaches!

Matt Rainwater
10-29-2013, 08:45 AM
I like it here too, this is just a hypothetical question (and an attempt to bring life to the message board).

luigi-55
10-29-2013, 09:06 AM
I think it would be nice to be up on the coast somewhere between Monterrey and Marin County. Not to many hot days and great trails for workouts.

Andy Knobloch
Gahr High School
Girls CC

kquinn
10-29-2013, 01:00 PM
I like it in Phelan, at the top of the High Desert, where cool, un-tropical breezes gently ruffle my ever-thinning, yet somehow still blonde, hair. Oh, and where the snow-capped San Gabriels send their icy winds directly at Serrano HS. Yes, that is where I like to be. Especially during track season. Hmmmm baby.

George Ramos
10-29-2013, 04:01 PM
San Diego, but only after they let the girls run three miles in a race ;)

Jeremy Mattern
10-30-2013, 08:27 AM
Central or northern coastal areas would be ideal for me. SLO is a great college town--I'd enjoy life there.

DCEnthusiast
10-30-2013, 10:41 AM
Mammoth Lakes, just because I love the mountains and the great trails.

CoachB03
11-01-2013, 12:52 PM
Yeah, probably near Santa Cruz somewhere. SLV is beatuiful as already mentioned. A little more flatland would be good (don't think there is too much in felton) for tempo running. Maybe Seaside or Half Moon Bay. You could say something like Arcata, but we are talking a little too cold and dreary and a little too far removed from the rest of the world. Gotta be near the coast for clean air. I'd say at least 20% of my kids have asthma. When we've gone to the mountains or coast to train or race, never had an attack.

phildampier
11-02-2013, 08:47 PM
I would move back to chico and coach at Pleasant Valley. That would make my wife happy since she never wanted to leave and I coached wrestling there when I was in college.

ClemDog
11-03-2013, 09:37 AM
I would have to go with Humboldt County. Great trails and mild weather.

CoachB03
11-03-2013, 01:50 PM
Ugh, North Coast = Too much rain, fog, clouds.

Of, course, you don't have to feel so guilty about taking a shower when there is plenty of rain.

Cougarxc
11-03-2013, 06:14 PM
Well Even Though this has Been Mentioned before. Well I'm just Going to have to Pick My Backyard, The San Lorenzo Valley Area. Yes, Some Beautiful Hills 50 yds from the Track along Fall Creek Trail where you can get In a Long Hilly Run in or Just a Great Hill workout in. Then 20 Minutes away is Big Basin down the Road on Hwy 9. You also Have Henry Cowell State Park a Mile away from the track to Get those Long Flat Tempo's in (You just need to No were to Go) or Intervals on the 1200m Redwood Loop or the other is Just to Get in a Long run in and majority of it is a Flat 10 plus miles in. You just Head down the Path Next to the Rail Road Tracks thru the Redwoods along San Lorenzo River and you can either Head towards Santa Cruz or Hit the Cross Section and Head up to the UC Santa Cruz Trails. Or the Last two is just Drive 15 Minutes away and Run along the Ocean or head towards Niesene Marks and Catch Up with other Runners in the area. The Weather to Me Just about Perfect!

Rob

Martin Pennell
11-04-2013, 01:04 PM
That is easy... Trabuco Hills HS. It's in south O.C. (enough said) but of all the OC schools they have the best access to a very wide variety of hills and trails. El Toro was awesome but we were 2 miles from all of the trails that are across the street from Trabuco.

JStepp
11-04-2013, 06:33 PM
That is easy... Trabuco Hills HS. It's in south O.C. (enough said) but of all the OC schools they have the best access to a very wide variety of hills and trails. El Toro was awesome but we were 2 miles from all of the trails that are across the street from Trabuco.

I'm going wherever Martin has Donuts!!!:cool:

xcbreak
11-07-2013, 12:32 PM
I have to say that I would not change places. Laguna Beach has it all, great weather, great hills and trails, and amazing kids. We see many teams coming here during the summer to run.

CoachB03
11-24-2013, 06:25 PM
Rob Collins Wins! I love the Felton area. You get the benefit of the Santa Cruz mtns without all the cloudy days that often go along with being right down by the ocean.

I also really like the Los Gatos HS area. I had the good fortune that my Dad bought a condo there when I was about 19 and running in Junior College. Tons (literally hundreds of miles) of great trails, summer and winter all comers, a flat bike path for tempo type stuff.