PDA

View Full Version : I Will Say it, Mt. SAC Blew it and Needs to Make Corrections.

Matt Rainwater
10-31-2013, 04:31 PM
Mum is not the word for a meet like this. I understand that mistakes happen but pretending like nothing has gone wrong is not the model to follow. A small number of races have been rescored but many, if not all, need the same attention.

Tal Braude from Torrey Pines ran 14:25 not 14:27; I believe that is the second fastest time in meet history. Austin Tamagno from Brea ran 14:31 not 14:34 for the sophomore record and his teamís DIII record was around 1:16:26 not the listed 1:16:39 team time.

Mistakes happen but records are more important than being politically correct. For a few days I thought that the meet directors were working on fixing these issues but it is now clear that this not the case. For the record, coaches expect Mt. SAC to fix the timing and scoring issues retroactively. Athletes will be shooting for meet records, top 10 lists or their own school records and the results need to be accurate. When will this happen and do you need help making corrections? Please do it for the kids and our sport.

Thanks,
Matt Rainwater
Brea-Olinda
Girls Head XC/Track Coach

kquinn
11-01-2013, 05:34 AM
Well said, Matt.