PDA

View Full Version : LA Distance Carnivals

John Yano
01-12-2014, 06:16 PM
Anyone know of any good suggestions for LA distance carnivals with heats for all levels?

Also anyone know when or where information about the Azuza Meet of Champions will be posted? Our team tried to get in last year but was unable to participate except for those that qualified for the night meet.

John Yano
El Segundo Distance Coach

Doug Soles
01-14-2014, 07:15 AM
Anyone know of any good suggestions for LA distance carnivals with heats for all levels?

Also anyone know when or where information about the Azuza Meet of Champions will be posted? Our team tried to get in last year but was unable to participate except for those that qualified for the night meet.

John Yano
El Segundo Distance Coach

Hi John,

The Great Oak Distance Invite is a bit further away but might be a great fit for your team. We offer grade level as well as Invitational heats and it gives a coach the opportunity to enter all of their distance kids into races for only $75 total.

Let me know if you are interested and I'll add you to the list - dsoles@tvusd.k12.ca.us

http://gohs.tvusd.k12.ca.us/GODI

Thank you,

Doug

cush
01-14-2014, 11:23 PM
i'll second doug's recommendation, even though for the first time in three years we will not be attending the g.o. race. (it coincides with a well-run local invite that we've always done, so we had to choose). you do run the risk of crazy weather, but even under bad conditions i've had kids run exceptional races because of the consistent seeding and competitive levels of each of the heats. great meet, hospitable hosts, great price, everyone who wants to race gets to race--it's always been worth the long bus ride to temecula...