PDA

View Full Version : Track Dual meets, Tri-meets, or Clusters?

Rick Martinez
03-06-2014, 09:21 AM
I like to know everyone thoughts about your league duals meets and if you have changed to tri-meets or cluster meets for Track. Years ago in Cross Country we use to have league dual meets but that has evolved to having cluster meets. Can Track evolve the same way? Is there anything different we can do in Track that will give us the same benefits with cluster meets in Cross Country? I know a lot of the big leagues have done to tri-meets which I personally like. Can track completely do away with duals or tri's and go to cluster meets? Love to hear everyone's thoughts on this.

xcbreak
03-07-2014, 05:51 PM
I like to know everyone thoughts about your league duals meets and if you have changed to tri-meets or cluster meets for Track. Years ago in Cross Country we use to have league dual meets but that has evolved to having cluster meets. Can Track evolve the same way? Is there anything different we can do in Track that will give us the same benefits with cluster meets in Cross Country? I know a lot of the big leagues have done to tri-meets which I personally like. Can track completely do away with duals or tri's and go to cluster meets? Love to hear everyone's thoughts on this.

We have added tri-meets this year in the Orange Coast League, the coaches in the league were spilt on the idea. I love the idea of clusters like cross, but the major draw back is how do I get all of the kids a chance to compete at invites. We are a small school with 130 athletes in our program, if we switch to clusters a lot of kids will race only 3 times during the season.