PDA

View Full Version : William Truong

JStepp
06-10-2014, 09:17 AM
Yucca Valley sends its thoughts and prayers to William Truong, his family and to Esperanza for a speedy recovery. He is a great competitor and a class act.

MarBear
06-10-2014, 11:18 AM
Our son competed against Will Truong last year at the start of our son's senior season, and Will's junior season. Even though our son has thrown for years, I really don't have the "eye" for it; nevertheless, it was apparent even to me that Will was going to be very, very good. With delight this year we saw that each meet he just got better and better, culminating in a very respectable finish at the State Meet last weekend. We're so sad to learn of his unfortunate accident. Yet we believe that the same drive, strength, and intense dedication that Will showed as a shot putter, will help him as he recovers from this. Esperanza High has much to be proud of, as does Will's family, and our prayers go out to the entire community that this strong, bright, gifted young man will weather this accident and recover with the help of all those around him.

As parents, we can empathize with the excruciating emotions Will's family must be enduring right now. We keep them in our thoughts and hope they will remain strong through this. We also hope that someone like Rich can make sure these messages get passed on to Will and his family, and the throws coach at Esperanza High. With prayers, Will's supporters in Ventura County.

CoachMedellin
06-10-2014, 06:56 PM
Everyone,
I would like to thank all of you who have sent prayers to William Truong. It is my understanding that he under-went surgery today at 3pm. The results are unknown at this time but we will try to keep all of you informed as information becomes available.

William is a great person & athlete and he is a joy to be around. He is a very uplifting person and his positive attitude and desire will help him out after the surgery.

Please keep the prayers coming and positive words of encouragement flowing.

Thanks again,
Rich Medellin
Esperanza Track & Field

Matt Rainwater
06-11-2014, 08:30 AM
Rich,

I know that we've talked but where can teams send cards or other tokens of support?

For all who are reading this I once was hurt during training, Rich Gonzalez posted my story and mailing address on his website. The cards, team shirts, people who dedicated a run to me and all of the letters I received really help me get through each day. I'm sure many of you are already thinking of doing this and I'm certain any support William gets from our community will be greatly appreciated.

Coach Barnes
06-12-2014, 04:16 PM
God speed and healing to William and his family.

Anthony Barnes and Burroughs High School Cross Country

CoachMedellin
06-13-2014, 07:48 PM
Rich,

I know that we've talked but where can teams send cards or other tokens of support?

For all who are reading this I once was hurt during training, Rich Gonzalez posted my story and mailing address on his website. The cards, team shirts, people who dedicated a run to me and all of the letters I received really help me get through each day. I'm sure many of you are already thinking of doing this and I'm certain any support William gets from our community will be greatly appreciated.

Please email me if you would like to send cards or other tokens of support at richmedellin@sbcglobal.net and I can give you my home address. I have already received several cards from local schools and I will be taking them to him by Monday. Keep them coming!

Albert Caruana
06-17-2014, 08:37 AM
http://www.ocvarsity.com/ocvarsity/track-74337-field-update.html