PDA

View Full Version : CIF Eligibility Status for Post Season

Mike Fillipow
10-02-2015, 10:29 AM
Hope everyone season is going well!

We are putting on a Local Hoka Postal 2 mile all-comers event on Tuesday Evening Nov. 10th. We are encouraging lots of local non-varsity runners & teams to enter to get a great 2 mile time before they shut down & go on their post xc season break. My question would be for varsity runners (individual or team) that have qualified for post season CIF competition. I would like to confirm if they can run or not so we do not jeopardize anyones eligibility status. It is my understanding they they could run (if they wanted to do it for a tune up workout before CIF Prelims) but they would have to compete unattached & they could not link their name to any type of team name or be counted as a team member under any 5 man postal team format. Hal?

Thanks! Mike Fillipow - LB Poly Boys XC

RichEde
10-02-2015, 06:48 PM
You have a handle on the unattached status. In addition, they may not be transported by school personnel or wear school-issued gear.

cush
10-03-2015, 05:15 PM
You have a handle on the unattached status. In addition, they may not be transported by school personnel or wear school-issued gear.

how would it affect a 48 year old's eligibility?

Hal Harkness
10-03-2015, 08:41 PM
You are correct, all high school competitors must be unattached and not wear anything that has school name.

Mike Fillipow
10-04-2015, 10:17 AM
Thanks everyone. Hope we get a great turnout!
Cush, according to your wife, you lost your eligibility status when you said "I do"!