PDA

View Full Version : Web coverage at SAC... very disappointing

Martin Pennell
10-20-2012, 03:53 PM
First of let me say that I applaud the effort to put something like this together, no one else does it, so to even undertake it is awesome. However who decides where the cameras follow? That part was horrific. I saw a ton of wasted time just watching races sit at the starting line for at least two minutes. Coverage should have been elsewhere. In other races the camera simply followed the leader for the ENTIRE race, most of which without another runner in view. All of the tools are in place but someone with a viewers perspective should should control where the cameras are going. Of course I am biased because I can't be there today and just watched a camera follow a lone girl the entire way as another race which had at least 4 potential CIF Finalist teams in it never had a camera on it.

SteveU
10-21-2012, 09:05 AM
I agree, there seemed to be some lack of coordination and also direction to the cameras. Still, I'm awfully grateful for what they DID do and for Tim's super announcing.

Chad Scott
10-21-2012, 09:43 AM
Perhaps next year's coverage could be in a multiple screen format. If there are four cameras, why not have all four of the feeds one one stream, and then a second stream that has the change-of-camera format that is always on the leader/lead pack? I do not know how feasible this is, but maybe it would work so that more of the race and athletes could be seen. Another suggestion would be to have a zoom out to get more athletes in frame. Obviously that makes individuals smaller, but maybe it would work.

Thanks to Tim and the rest of meet management! I hope your time compiling the results is quick (both for your sake and out benefit!).