PDA

View Full Version : Someone is really testing me....

Mark Gardner
10-21-2012, 08:55 AM
With my wife being out of town and the step mom watching the two little ones, I figured that I would set up my command post behind the computer and decipher all of the Division I along with the Riverside County results all night and into Sunday morning. After two days at Mt. SAC, watching some of the most unforgettable moments of my career - what a perfect weekend this was going to be! (Yes, I do miss my wife - don't read into that one too much people!)

Sunday morning would include some great coffee, some french toast, a revisiting of my command post which so happens to be set up directly in front of my big screen TV that includes the NFL network and watching my fantasy team go up to a 5-2 record.

Waking up to no results... we (my wife) conveniently did not pay the upgrade for the NFL network channel (I have to watch regular CBS/FOX football - what?!?!)

No Mt. SAC results - no continuous Fantasy Football updates....:mad: who did I do wrong? please tell me and I will make it up to them immediately!!!!

Hope this helps some of us XC stat freaks get through this trying period. Just trying to bring some smiles to all of us on this gloomy Sunday morning...:p

One last note - Thank You Sarah Baxter for a moment that brought chills to some of us - especially those of us that watch Amber Trotter's 16:16 and swore that it would never be broken (or even flirted with). Thank you Mt. SAC for allowing us to watch the entire experience on that Jumbo Tron.... thank you Tim O'Rourke for another incredible invitational and for allowing the crowd to experience the entire Baxter race!

SteveU
10-21-2012, 09:02 AM
I agree with the props to Sarah Baxter and Tim O'Rourke. Nice to watch the races from Michigan. Also, thanks so much to Rich for keeping us posted and typing out team results.

One last note - Thank You Sarah Baxter for a moment that brought chills to some of us - especially those of us that watch Amber Trotter's 16:16 and swore that it would never be broken (or even flirted with). Thank you Mt. SAC for allowing us to watch the entire experience on that Jumbo Tron.... thank you Tim O'Rourke for another incredible invitational and for allowing the crowd to experience the entire Baxter race!

Keith Chann
10-21-2012, 10:39 AM
Mark, what a great post! (Amanda says kudos to your wife for knowingly going out of town Mt SAC weekend!)
Hahaha D3 has results to digest! We did not get the weather but we got results.
I was planning to watch the webcast, decour and dissect results and watch some of the USC game on Saturday. My wife had a hair appointment (4 hours! Seriously 4 hours?!). Well the webcast coverage was frustrating at best, no results and USC is on a network noone gets!
At least they are showing the Patriots game today