PDA

View Full Version : SS D3 rankings (my take)

Keith Chann
10-22-2012, 07:17 AM
Here’s my top 10 analysis for Boys Division 3 after Mt. SAC. (I hyave data to back most of it up, otherwise i am just winging it!)

#1) Palos Verdes: did not run their top squad at Mt. SAC but remain in the #1 spot based on their overall depth and quality up front.
#2) St. John Bosco: has been 1 or 2 all year long and had a good performance at Mt. SAC after a very solid effort at Clovis. Won the Sweeps race.
#3) Brea Olinda: After they found a true #1 in freshman Austin Tamagno, I figured they were locked in at #3 for sure. On Friday they proved me wrong by knocking on the door of SJB and #2 in the State! Almost no separation now between SJB and BO with PV still a bit too strong at this point. Still 5 weeks to go! Second in the Sweeps race by only 5 points.
#4) Paso Robles: Ran in a varsity heat on Friday instead of Sweeps race. Seemed to just cruise and had 5 runners between 16:24 and 16:35. Clovis performance keeps them at #4 but there is clear separation from the top 3.
#5) Oak Park: Did not run Mt. SAC Inv. Strong Clovis performance with very strong front 2 runners in Barzagan and Thedinga. A huge gap back (a full minute) to their #3 puts them in a vulnerable in large races with quality opponents. Still good enough to be top 5 but just barely for now.
#6) Jurupa Hills: Very strong all season and led by the top Soph in D3 Michael Teran. #5 is a bit too far back but top 3 are strong enough to keep them in the State Meet hunt. Third in Sweeps race.
#7) Cathedral: Did not have everyone for Clovis but ran what is believed to be a full squad. Same issues as JH, runners 1-3 are solid but their #4 and 5 are a bit further back. Finished 4th in Sweeps race.
#8) Rubidoux: Coming on stronger after a weak start to the season. Still on the outside looking in for the 7th qualifier to State. Finished fifth in Sweeps race.
#9) South Pasadena: Ran well in Sweeps race with 2 under 15:50 but lack depth to be pushed higher, for now. Finished 8th in Sweeps race.
#10) Corona del Mar: Had 3 runners under 16:20 but none under 16:05. Finished ninth in Sweeps race.