Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Official Unofficial 2013 Cross-Country "Rankings" Thread

Saugus is getting their own division next year, along with Yucca. The logic from CIF is, that Saugus wins too much & Yucca never wins, so lets just give them their own spot. That way Saugus can continue to win and Yucca will continue to lose! Makes sense to me.

Division VI

Quote Originally Posted by JStepp View Post
    Saugus is getting their own division next year, along with Yucca. The logic from CIF is, that Saugus wins too much & Yucca never wins, so lets just give them their own spot. That way Saugus can continue to win and Yucca will continue to lose! Makes sense to me.
    That must be that 6th division you've been fighting for in XC.
    Note to self: no one cares

Quote Originally Posted by Remylive View Post
    That must be that 6th division you've been fighting for in XC.
    Yucca's going in the 86th Division.
    "Cross-country is an individual sport. Succeeding in cross-country is a team sport!"

Word is that there might be Division 1 Rankings coming early next week.

Anyone want to work on Division 4 or 5 (George Ramos??)
    Keith Chann
    Chemistry teacher
    XC Fan
    Rubidoux High School

Quote Originally Posted by cush View Post
    isn't it still track season?

jeremy, shouldn't you be scouring century league heat sheets or looking for garret corcoran's "kryptonite?"

rene, don't you have twins to tend to? must be sleep deprivation that had him overlook saugus. or maybe they're moving to d3???
    Century League heat sheets? Who needs 'em? Tamagno is running the first and last legs of the 4 x 100, so we'll definitely kick off the meet in convincing fashion. No need for quotation marks around kryptonite. My recent spelunking expedition to Krypton provided the real deal. Brea runners won't be the only dangerous element on the track tomorrow evening! - A distance runner who references comic book mythology. Do I get some sort of geek of the year award?

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Chann View Post
    Word is that there might be Division 1 Rankings coming early next week.

Anyone want to work on Division 4 or 5 (George Ramos??)
    I can do D5, but if I don't get some grading done soon, I won't have a school to coach at ...
    Head Coach
    Chadwick Cross Country

Yes there is life again on the boards!!! My wife will be soooo upset! I did this a while back so I thought I would put it up here for everyone to check out. I used Mt. Sac Invite and CIF prelim times for all returners next year in D1 boys and this is what I got for the top 16 teams (I did a mock race with a ton of teams and then got that down to 16 and then rescored with only the 16 teams).

Points and team times of returners.
    1 Arcadia 55 76:44 (lots of questions need to be answered to what the defending champs will look like in 2013)
    2 Long Beach Poly 99 77:57 (Poly returns ALL 7 from their State team WOW!)
    3 Dana Hills 113 78:14 (Always a power especially with top frosh a year older)
    4 Crescenta Valley 196 79:51 (Solid group that will have their work cut out for them if they want to get on the podium)
    5 California 217 80:24 (if they get a better coach... well maybe they might get on the podium...)
    6 Simi Valley 220 80:24 (took a beating on the rain course this year but a state meet team in 2013?)
    7 Warren 223 80:23 (Solid program looking to make the state meet)
    8 Burbank 225 80:37 (2 points from the state meet.... but could finish as high as 5th)
    9 Vista Murrieta 226 80:16 (will be hurting without their top two but soooo deep that they could be fighting for a podium spot)
    10 Yucaipa 240 80:48 (always a solid program year in and year out)
    11 Great Oak 256 81:07 (frosh has emerged to go with the deepest program in the state.... Doubt they will finish this low when all said and done)
    12 El Toro 263 81:10 (what will happen without one of greatest coaches in the states history leading the way?)
    13 Corona 279 81:28 (pretty much a lock to make finals year in and year out)
    14 Walnut 299 81:44 (up and coming program that might suprise some people)
    15 Roosevelt 320 82:00 (loses top runner but good group coming back)
    16 Rancho Cucamonga 322 82:30 (continues to graduate top runners yet... always a threat!)
    Last edited by Tony DiMarco; 05-02-2013 at 11:41 PM.

2013 Girls Southern Section Division 3 Pre-preseason Unofficial Rankings

Disclaimers: See my Boys rankings above. No wagering!!

Girls are different. Outstanding freshmen regularly place in the top 10 at State and make huge impacts on their teams year in and year out. That being said here are my rankings for the upcoming season.
    1) Bonita – There may not be a stronger favorite in the state to repeat as champion. Not only did Bonita win the State title in 2012 but they return 6 of that 7. Of course losing Marissa Scott is a big loss, they still return 3 girls under 19:00 at Woodward Park( Kailyn Scott, 18:49, Kelsey Creese, 18:52, and Makenzie Landa, 18:53) and 4 under 19:00 (Jordin Prado, 18:49) at Mt. SAC.
    2) Palos Verdes - PV is on par with Bonita through 3 runners but falls off a little with the 4th and 5th scorers. They have a great shot to return to the podium but teams 2-4 are very close. Cassidy Webber ran terrific at SS-Finals (5th) and State (7th) but keeping a spot in the top 4 may come down to developing a solid 5th girl.
    3) Northwood – Bethan Knight is the favorite for the individual State championship after finishing 2nd in both SS Finals (16:26!!) and State (17:49) last season and would love to have her teammates make the podium as well. She has plenty of help as Ashley Larson (18:39) and Natsuki Eguchi (18:55) have both been under 19:00 at Mt. SAC plus 2 more girls were just over 20:00 at Woodward park.
    4) Laguna Hills – This squad could easily be #2. They return 2 girls under 19:00 (Marissa Bartello, 18:38, and Brianna Bartello, 18:48) plus 3 more girls under 19:30. If the front 2 can battle the top 2 from PV it will be really close for a podium finish!
    5) Granite Hills - Katie Deimling (17:06 on the rain course!) leads this group that also returns 2 more girls under 19:20. Having nobody else under 20:10 hurts a bit but still should keep GH in the hunt for a spot on the line in Fresno.
    6) Oak Park – Returns 6 runners from state qualifying team in 2012 but none under 19:35. They do however have all 6 runners better than 20:20! Should be a very solid team but lack of a true #1 front-runner will hurt their chances of moving too far up. Look for them in Fresno again in November.
    7) Esperanza – Led by Danielle Oden at 18:55, Esperanza has 3 more girls at or under 20:00 at Mt. SAC. No real up-front runner but solid depth with 6 returning from a SS Finals team. On the bubble for the trip north Thanksgiving weekend.
    8) Corona del Mar – The traditional power seemed a little down last year by only making SS Finals! That is until you notice that they did it almost entirely with a frosh-soph group. They return 3 frosh-soph under 19:47 plus 3 more under 21:00. This group could improve significantly if they can channel the CdM girls of the past. Look out for the future!
    9) Mater Dei – Only 2 girls under 20:00 but 5 under 20:30! Their depth may push them up a few spots but the lack of up-front potential will limit the rise.
    10) Bolsa Grande – Jeanette Zambrano (18:38) leads a group that figures to return to SS Finals this year with 6 girls back that ran at either prelims or finals in 2012. Unfortunately there is no one under 20:00 after Zambrano so the back group will need to improve to keep in the top 10 for long.

Honorable mention – La Canada, Rubidoux, San Luis Obispo.
    Last edited by Keith Chann; 05-03-2013 at 08:12 AM. Reason: editing
    Keith Chann
    Chemistry teacher
    XC Fan
    Rubidoux High School

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Chann View Post
    2013 Girls Southern Section Division 3 Pre-preseason Unofficial Rankings

Disclaimers: See my Boys rankings above. No wagering!!
    Too late Keith. I've already wagered our meth lab in Vegas. Come on Baby! Daddy needs a new pressure cooker for the meth!

Quote Originally Posted by jstepp View Post
    too late keith. I've already wagered our meth lab in vegas. Come on baby! Daddy needs a new pressure cooker for the meth!
    rofl!!
    "Cross-country is an individual sport. Succeeding in cross-country is a team sport!"