Thread: Irvine Park Course Record Broken by 3 runners from same league

Irvine Park Course Record Broken by 3 runners from same league

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Brandon Bethke's CR of 14:30 was just broken by 3 runners from the Century league. I know other leagues have run races here, and I'm basing my search off only Orange County Championships results so there could be others I'm not mentioning. But WOW!

Sydney Gidabuday 12 14:20
    Austin Tamagno 10 14:21
    Garret Corcoran 12 14:29

Hope these studs are leaving enough in the tank for late November! my lord... pretty impressive!

There are more than one historically used xc courses at Irvine Park. I wonder which one this was. Who was the host school?

foothill was one of the host schools, and yes, it was the official orange county course. pretty good conditions, but it will not surprise me at all if all of these boys run faster at oc champs...

The layout is the same, I did it myself. There are probably three spots that for the county meet I put up flagging to keep the runners from straight lining across a corner rather than around a corner that were not up Wednesday.
    There may be a few seconds there, but as hard as those guys pushed as a group of three, I believe those times are reasonable for the conditions and level of competition. I concur with Cush that if we have good conditions on Oct 19 they could go faster.
    Matt Bell
    Foothill HS Cross Country
    Orange County Cross Country Championships - meet director