Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Let's get this Message Board Going. Please Answer the Following:

Hybrid View

Let's get this Message Board Going. Please Answer the Following:

If you were forced to move schools, based solely on geography, what school or region in California would you move to? I would go to San Lorenzo Valley, currently I coach at Brea. We had our XC camp at Big Basin this summer and it's very beautiful in the Santa Cruz Mountains.

I like it here in Laguna Beach. Good weather, good trails, good beaches!
    Steve Lalim
    Laguna Beach High School
    Head Coach; Girls Track & XC

I like it here too, this is just a hypothetical question (and an attempt to bring life to the message board).

I think it would be nice to be up on the coast somewhere between Monterrey and Marin County. Not to many hot days and great trails for workouts.

Andy Knobloch
    Gahr High School
    Girls CC

I like it in Phelan, at the top of the High Desert, where cool, un-tropical breezes gently ruffle my ever-thinning, yet somehow still blonde, hair. Oh, and where the snow-capped San Gabriels send their icy winds directly at Serrano HS. Yes, that is where I like to be. Especially during track season. Hmmmm baby.
    Ken Quinn
    Serrano Diamondbacks XC and T&F
    Head Coach

San Diego, but only after they let the girls run three miles in a race
    Head Coach
    Chadwick Cross Country

Central or northern coastal areas would be ideal for me. SLO is a great college town--I'd enjoy life there.

Mammoth Lakes, just because I love the mountains and the great trails.

Yeah, probably near Santa Cruz somewhere. SLV is beatuiful as already mentioned. A little more flatland would be good (don't think there is too much in felton) for tempo running. Maybe Seaside or Half Moon Bay. You could say something like Arcata, but we are talking a little too cold and dreary and a little too far removed from the rest of the world. Gotta be near the coast for clean air. I'd say at least 20% of my kids have asthma. When we've gone to the mountains or coast to train or race, never had an attack.

I would move back to chico and coach at Pleasant Valley. That would make my wife happy since she never wanted to leave and I coached wrestling there when I was in college.