Thread: Two New Meets For The Opening Weekend

Hybrid View

Two New Meets For The Opening Weekend

We, Brea-Olinda HS, ran at the Bronco Invite at Cal Poly Pomona which is on a new course this year and the Cool-Breeze Invite was also a new addition to the 2014 schedule. I'm curious to hear what everyone thought of the meet their team attended for their season opener. I'm a alumni of Cal Poly so I do have a biased opinion but I really liked the course. It was basically 3 loops around their athletic field, baseball field and athletic building which was great for spectators and coaches. The terrain consisted of mostly grass and cement walkways with a very small incline over the first half of each loop for the 3 mile course. All of the races started on time, the results were accurate and posted very soon after each race. Most importantly the last race started at 10:05 so we didn't have any of our athletes racing in the heat. It looks like Cool-Breeze was well attended, how did it go for you???

Matt Rainwater
    Head Girls XC Coach
    Brea-Olinda High School

My son's school (Ayala HS) attended the Great Cow Run for the first time and overall it was a good experience. The athletes seemed to like the course and the races appeared to go off on time. It did get a little warm for some of the later races, but it's September so what are you going to do!

The one thing that really bothered me, which I hope gets addressed, was how the timer broke down the clock before all of the JV girls (last race of the day) had completed their race. I believe every athlete that runs in a race should be given the respect of seeing their time when they cross the finish line instead of seeing the clock being broken down. They work too hard to be shown that kind of disrespect.

Just my $.02
    Last edited by Rob Axton; 09-08-2014 at 03:08 PM.