Thread: missing mt sac results

Question missing mt sac results

First off I do want to give Finished Results my complements for timing Mt. SAC. It's a tough challenge and I do feel they did a great job.

**However** I would like to know if anyone else had the same problem that I had.

All my boys' teams results did get posted, however my the all my girls who finished in race 34 did not appear in on-line results. Did anyone else have runners disappear from the results?
    Renzo M.
    Aquinas Falcons XC sjb 95 lbcc 2000 csulb2002

running and art are a lot alike... you don't improve unless you put in the practice

scratch what I said earlier... after looking at the results again now one of my runners has appeared... I'm guess that FinishedResults will be updating results as the data they have get sorted thru
    Renzo M.
    Aquinas Falcons XC sjb 95 lbcc 2000 csulb2002

running and art are a lot alike... you don't improve unless you put in the practice

I found everything in my team's results to be perfect. What an improvement over the timing issues the previous couple of years.
    Ken Quinn
    Serrano Diamondbacks XC and T&F
    Head Coach

I agree with Ken. And many of the delays posting online were a result of Mt. SAC wanting to take the results and put them into the PDFs so that the sponsors got recognition (plus the power outage on Friday afternoon). They were also willing to make all of the name changes at no cost.

Thanks to Chris Drescher and Finished Results!
    Chad Scott
    XC & TF Coach
    Westlake High (SS)

I definitely thought the timing was great at the meet. They did a really good job of keeping the boys and girls and separate and keeping track of all the athletes. I enjoyed the live link, even though sometimes it wasn't always working... which could have been my phone/service or just that so many people were trying to access it at the same time.

But what was with having the "finish line" be so far back? So many kids had no idea where the actual finish line was. I think that was a bit ridiculous and was frustrating. I understand the need to try and keep the kids moving through the finish line chute so that it doesn't bottle up, but c'mon!
    Brian Brierly
    Edison HS (SS)
    Head Cross Country Coach
    Track Distance Coach

Timing was well run compared to the last couple years without a doubt. My only complaint is that we had multiple issues with chips and when we asked for fixes Finished Results would fix the problem, but Mt. SAC took forever in updating it on their website if it ever was updated, so places like XCStats, Athletic.net, Tullyrunners, etc got the old results without the updates. If they can find a way to post revised results faster (especially for a sweeps race!), I think that will save problems for coaches on the back end. Other than that I think it was great.

Doug
    ----------------------------
    Doug Soles
    Head XC & Track Coach
    Great Oak High School

This year clearly went smoother in terms of both timeliness and accuracy of results. Mt. SAC did have issues with readily posting them on their website, but that issue was solved around late morning on Saturday.

The last three years, there were huge issues with the timeliness and accuracy of those results. Two of those years, I had to ask the CIF-SS Office for an extension on the weekly rankings because the official results kept changing on Saturday and Sunday. As some of you may recall, one of those years the results were not posted until Monday.

This year, the process was so smooth that I was already able to finish my first data run of the CIF-SS rankings by late Saturday night! That was a first. Never in the last 15 or so years of weekly rankings was the first data run in play before Sunday afternoon!

Thank you, Finished Results!
    "Cross-country is an individual sport. Succeeding in cross-country is a team sport!"