Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: CIF-SS competitive equity

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Riverside
    Posts
    45

    CIF-SS competitive equity

    I recently read about the C.I.F.-SS moving to "competitive equity" Format for the playoffs. Does anyone know how this will effect cross country / track & field. Or will those sports stay solely on enrollment based divisions?

    I believe this is similar to how McFarland (which would be a div. IV sized school in the SS ) get place in Div. I for their section, because of their past success
    Renzo M.
    Aquinas Falcons XC sjb 95 lbcc 2000 csulb2002

    running and art are a lot alike... you don't improve unless you put in the practice

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    162
    It is my understanding that individual sports (and cross-country) will stay with an enrollment-based classification system.

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Big Bear Lake
    Posts
    75
    Quote Originally Posted by RichEde View Post
    It is my understanding that individual sports (and cross-country) will stay with an enrollment-based classification system.
    What reason does CIF give for moving all team sports to this format except for cross country?

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    230
    Track is not included in the Competitive Equity mix. Everything says the same.

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    162
    Quote Originally Posted by yesstiles View Post
    What reason does CIF give for moving all team sports to this format except for cross country?
    The policy is for "bracket-based" championships and doesn't apply to cross-country, track, swimming, wrestling.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by RichEde View Post
    The policy is for "bracket-based" championships and doesn't apply to cross-country, track, swimming, wrestling.
    I'm personally happy at CIF's decision, but like yesstiles, I, too, am curious as to why. What reasoning did CIF apply to this issue?
    Head Coach
    Chadwick Cross Country

  7. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by George Ramos View Post
    I'm personally happy at CIF's decision, but like yesstiles, I, too, am curious as to why. What reasoning did CIF apply to this issue?
    From talking to a Basketball coach a year ago, it was to put all the good teams together in one bracket in order to find the true champions. Smaller schools that were in weaker divisions were not able to test themselves and continually dominated their divisions, and so the move allows for teams that are historically strong a move to the open division while leaving the rest to have a chance at winning a CIF title. Could be a different reasoning, but was my understanding from that conversation. We sort of already have an open division for track in place.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •