Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mt. SAC Saturday results?

Banned
    Thanks for doing that Rich. Appreciate you throwing a starving stat junkie some crumbs!

Anybody want to comment on the course today? Seems as if the rain early kept the dust down and the cool temps were obviously almost ideal. As I was not there, any input? Too much rain can make it slippery and too cool of temps can keep some of the athletes from getting warmed up properly.
    Keith Chann
    Chemistry teacher
    XC Fan
    Rubidoux High School

Keith,
    you know i was there today, you could just ask me directly!

seriously, the light rain/mist i think did help produce faster times (but not in all cases). I noticed some kids thrived in the conditions, while others it didn't help or hinder performance. When the mist was coming down it was nicer if you had a multiple canopies for the kids to stretch under. The course also never got too slippery/dangerous either, there were a few spots with light muddy conditions, but nothing that really impeaded performance
    Renzo M.
    Aquinas Falcons XC sjb 95 lbcc 2000 csulb2002

running and art are a lot alike... you don't improve unless you put in the practice

Thanks, Rich.

Times for Friday's race #13 are about 20 seconds off. Originally they were about 45 seconds off. Did anyone notice that as well? Is there an efforto to try to correct them?

Rick,

Yes, did notice this. In addition to this race, there was one girls race on Friday where the race winner (who won by a ton) from Sacred Heart of Jesus was credited with the time for the #2 finisher.

Once Mt. SAC's results crew uploads the Saturday results and addresses any Friday inquiries that came in, will aim to circle back and follow up with them if anything still seems in question.

The crew did a great job in making sure the results data was preserved, which is the critical thing. As long as the data exists in some form (which isn't/wasn't in a post-able format), it can be retrieved once they fix the other glitch.
    "Cross-country is an individual sport. Succeeding in cross-country is a team sport!"

Ok.