Thread: Elliptigo

Elliptigo

Does anyone use elliptigos? Which models do you recommend? Thanks for the help.

http://www.elliptigo.com/shop/elliptical-bikes/

yes, i do. not sure what my model is, though it's got 8 speeds--don't feel like going in the garage right now to look. it's been very effective cross-training, both in health and while slightly injured, and i have had athletes use mine for cross-training as well, though most are a little afraid of it, or afraid of how they'd look.

i've heard some suggest a range of around 60-70% in terms of equality to running, so a 10 mile ride is roughly equal to 6-7 miles of running. i try to ride mostly around hills, and sometimes i think it's closer to 80+%. if i were a little more scientifically inclined, i'd try a heartrate monitor to really see, but i'm ok using the force...

i'd highly recommend if you've got the money and plenty of bike paths with some moderate hills. in a firsthand conversation with meb, he told me he swears by his, using it primarily for his daily second "runs".

and no, i'm not sponsored, but--full disclosure--i was given mine as a "loaner" through a friend connected to the company about 4 years back when i was having some achilles problems, and they have used me for me for press releases after some of my better races.

that's my story and i'm sticking to it...

p.s. pretty sure rene and saugus use them, but don't know to what extent...