Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: CIF Playoff Bulletin

CIF Playoff Bulletin

I looked on the CIF SS website and could not find the Playoff Bulletin. Could somebody paste the link on here if I am just missing it.
    Thanks for your help.

The bulletin is posted at the Playoff Bulletin link for XC on the cifss website.

It's also linked here: http://www.prepcaltrack.com/2016/10/...yoff-bulletin/

Rich
    "Cross-country is an individual sport. Succeeding in cross-country is a team sport!"

I would love to have a course map, especially if the course has been altered from last year.
    Head Coach
    Chadwick Cross Country

The course is essentially the same as last year with some minor re-alignments. We'll try to get one posted at cifss.org.

Actually the course is now long... I was told 3.04-3.05... We ran it a couple of weeks ago and it was confirmed to me by meet management. I'm hoping we can get it to 3.0 or 3.1 before prelims!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tony DiMarco View Post
    I'm hoping we can get it to 3.0 or 3.1 before prelims!!
    Why?

Yes. It better be 3.0 miles. What kid wants a time for 3.04? That means nothing to them.

Better it be 2.93 so it can be compared straight-up with Mt. SAC.

Yes. It better be 3.0 miles. What kid wants a time for 3.04? That means nothing to them.
    I can't tell if this is serious or if it is an appropriately snarky comment.

According to course management, the course is 3.06 miles. I believe that on CIF prelims and CIF finals days everyone will run the same course. Whether it is 2.93 or 2.97 or 3.0 or 3.06 does not matter.
    Keith Chann
    Chemistry teacher
    XC Fan
    Rubidoux High School

I am also hoping it was a joke and Keith I totally agree with you about that the distance does not matter as far as racing each other, but it does matter to the kids! They understand 3 miles (some understand 5k) and their time is very important to them because it shows them their improvement. I think it is very frustrating to an athlete to cross the line and see a time that is not their best and then hear afterwards that their "converted time" was a PR... It takes the joy and satisfaction away at that moment when they want to celebrate their accomplishment... You know, like when you receive an Olympic medal after the Olympics have ended because someone was DQ'd for PED's... Ask an Olympian and they will say they felt robbed of their moment...

I'm just saying that I would like to see a course that is 3 miles... If that is not possible... then a 5k.... The kids understand those distances!!

When did you hear 3.06? I was told 3.04-3.05? Thanks!