Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Congrats Mt. SAC!

Quote Originally Posted by Hal Harkness View Post
    What are you smoking? Have you seen the recent pictures?
    Are you saying they're not holding the Mt. Sac Invite there this year, 3 weeks before CIF?

ortunately, we don't own the Mt. Sac facility. It is not available for rent during the construction period. Make sure you attend the Invitational and post your observations. There are many, many logistical items that will have to be dealt with to pull this off. The course is the least of the problems.

I think we should have a talk with coach Kamaka and coach Todd and find out what we need to do to secure the facility in 2019 and beyond for SS Finals and Masters.
    The conditions are always better there than Cerritos. I'll buy lunch!

Quote Originally Posted by yesstiles View Post
    Are you saying they're not holding the Mt. Sac Invite there this year, 3 weeks before CIF?
    Yesstiles,

They are holding the Mt SAC relays at El Camino College in 2018. The facility will not be ready. I was talking about 2019.

Already in the planning stages

That is good to hear!

Quote Originally Posted by vaultdadof2 View Post
    Yesstiles,

They are holding the Mt SAC relays at El Camino College in 2018. The facility will not be ready. I was talking about 2019.
    I was talking about cross country not track.

There was never any question about Cross Country returning to Mt. Sac after the facility reopens.

Quote Originally Posted by Hal Harkness View Post
    There was never any question about Cross Country returning to Mt. Sac after the facility reopens.
    If there are several years worth of CIF Prelims/Finals results run at Riverside, I think a return to Mt. SAC should at least be questioned. For instance, if southern section teams appear to be getting significantly better results at the State meet when running Riverside for Prelims/Finals, why would we go back to Mt. SAC outside of nostalgic reasons? If the difference is negligible, I would prefer Mt. SAC for a variety of reasons.

Anyone have data supporting one venue over the other?

1. We only have three meets at Riverside so far (2015 preiims, 2016 Prelims and finals) and that doesn't constitute much of a data history.

2. There is no guarantee about the long term future regarding possible development of the property in Riverside.

3. The plan has always return to Mt. Sac when it becomes available.