Thread: Clarification for Prelims: 12 entrants, 10 bibs

Clarification for Prelims: 12 entrants, 10 bibs

Could someone clarify the CIF Championship Bulletin? It says we can enter 12 entrants and they will each be given bibs, but then in the next paragraph it says up to 10 bibs will be handed out, and then two paragraphs later it says 12 bibs will be given out.

"TEAM SIZE: Team size is up to twelve (12) runners; and coaches should instruct league meet
    managers to enter at least five (5) names, but no more than twelve (12) names as entrants in
    the CIF-SS Prelims. Up to seven(7) of those twelve (12) may run each day. No substitutions may
    be made that have not been entered following your League Finals. All qualified runners will be
    given bibs which will serve as their ticket to enter through the Athletes Gate.
    Two (2) coach
    tickets will be given with packet pick up. Only those (2) coaches will be allowed to enter through
    the Athletes Gate. Additional coach tickets may be purchased at the ticket booth. CIF-SS
    courtesy cards may be used, but courtesy card holders are required to show pass and receive
    ticket at ticket booth. These coaches must enter through the main gate.

PACKET PICK UP: COACHES ONLY will be able to pick up team packets. Packets for the Prelims
    and Finals will be located behind the Riverside Cross Country Course Clubhouse. Packets will
    include a map of the course, a program, up to ten contestant numbers (bibs) based on what was
    entered by the league meet manager following league finals
    , (which allow participant to enter
    through the athlete’s gate), two (2) coaches admission tickets, and a ticket to obtain results.
    Additional coaches will need to purchase tickets at the ticket booth and will enter through the
    main entrance. General admission tickets may be purchased in advance at
    https://gofan.co/app/school/CIFSS. CIF-SS courtesy cards may be used, but courtesy card
    holders are required to show pass and receive ticket at ticket booth.

Drones:...

CONTESTANT BIBS: Contestant bibs will be provided for up to twelve (12) members of each qualifying
    team. League meet managers are responsible for entering qualified runners following the
    League Finals. No substitutions may be made that have not been entered following your League
    Finals. All runners should pin their contestant number to the front of their running jersey.
    Coaches are reminded to bring four (4) safety pins per number."

There will be up to 12 (if you enter them) bibs. Sorry we didn't catch the middle paragraph change from last year's wording. It IS 12. And those 12 are the entrants for both weeks. Please check them carefully.

Thanks for the quick reply, Rich, I appreciate it.

Just wondering... my team qualified two individuals... how many coaching tickets will I be receiving? 1? 2?

Why is Div. 2 early morning on Saturday? CIF Bulletin says 10:55am (approx). D4 and D5 are earlier. I believe D2 was early morning last year too.

I screwed up and used an out-dated schedule when we seeded today. I apologize for inconvenience/consternation. I have sent corrected heat sheets/schedule to Rich Gonzales for posting. The order of heats will be D4 followed by D5 followed by D2 on Saturday. The heats remain the same. Thank you fer everyone who caught my error. Please pass the word to anyone who might have seen the original schedule and not the revision.
    Last edited by RichEde; 11-04-2017 at 08:04 PM.